Dear Valued Business Partners and Customers,
The Movement Control Order (MCO) issued by the Government was enforced from 18 March 2020 and has now been extended to 28 April 2020. This has effectively put all sectors except for essential services under lockdown with restrictions on movements within Malaysia.
As this is a mandatory lockdown upon a governmental order beyond the control of policyholders, we are pleased to confirm that all relevant Fire policy coverage which are conditioned on the premise/dwelling being occupied, will not be affected by the restrictions imposed solely by the MCO. However, this is not applicable to premises unoccupied prior to or not related to MCO. The same is also applicable to the peril Sprinkler Leakage Endorsement where the un-occupancy of 30 days is solely due to the MCO.
In regards to Burglary/Theft and Money policies, similar approach will also be adopted.
Policyholders are not required of additional actions, should the un-occupancy is solely resulting from MCO. This notice is however not applicable to premises unoccupied prior to or not related to the MCO.
Liberty Insurance Berhad
Frequently Asked Questions
- How does this benefit me or my business?
In the mentioned policies, it is a standard condition in the Policy that you must inform Liberty Insurance if your building or any contents insured in the insured property becomes unoccupied for a period of more than thirty (30) days or the insurance cover will cease.
However, we will waive the said condition and maintain your insurance cover if the building is unoccupied for more than 30 days as a result of the MCO. Coverage will not be affected.
- Do I need to pay any additional premium for this?
- What should I do if my insured premises is unoccupied due to the MCO for more than 30 days?
You do not need to do anything at this moment.
- What if the MCO continues to be extended beyond 28th April 2020?
We will continue to maintain the cover of your insurance policy.
- What if my insurance policy expires during this MCO or during the further extension of MCO beyond 28th April 2020?
We will continue to maintain your insurance cover but please contact our authorised Agent or Customer Care at 1-300-888-990 or 03 2619 9000
- What are the applicable insurance policies?
The above is applicable to Fire Insurance, Burglary/Theft and also Money policies
- What if my insured property is already untenanted before the MCO began on 18th March 2020?
The consideration given herein is only applicable for any mandatory closures solely resulting from the government declared MCO.
- What should I do if my property has been vacant before the MCO?
Please contact our authorised Agent or contact Customer Care at 1-300-888-990 or 03 2619 9000
- What if my insurance policy is already being insured as Unoccupied or Vacant?
No action required as your cover will maintain as it is.