Comprehensive ProtectionPresent and future full-time foreign worker employees of the policyholder, aged 18-59 years are eligible
Daily HospitalizationCover for daily hospital room and board for a maximum of 30 days and intensive care unit for a maximum 15 days
Fully-loaded BenefitsIncludes hospital supplies and services, operating theatre, surgical & anesthetist fees, in-hospital visits & consultation, as well as ambulance & medical report fees
Hassle-free ClaimsEnjoy the convenience of fast and hassle-free claims for your foreign employees
To Prospective Policyholder
This page contains important information about your Insurance. You should read all the information carefully to make sure that you fully understand it and that it meets your needs. You are advised to read through the checklist below which explains the essential features of the SKHPPA so that you are able to make an informed decision before purchasing the policy. If you have any inquiries, please seek clarification from your insurance intermediary or any Liberty Insurance Berhad ("the Company") office nearest to you.
- The benefits payable under the policy are highlighted in the "Description of Benefits/Coverage."
- This is a yearly renewable plan, whereby the premiums and benefits are subject to review from time to time. Any changes to benefits and premium can only be imposed by the Company on policy anniversary with 30 days written notice based on the emerging claims experience of the portfolio.
- Cover ceases from the time your foreign worker leaves Malaysia and resumes upon his/her return to Malaysia.
|1(a)||Daily Hospital & Room Board (Maximum up to 30 days)|
|1(b)||Intensive Care Unit (ICU) (Maximum up to 15 days)|
|2||Hospital Supplies and Services|
|4||Surgical Fees (Excluding organ transplantation)|
|6||In-Hospital Physician Visits (Maximum up to 30 days)|
|7||In-Hospital Specialist Consultation Visits (Maximum up to 30 days)|
|8||Ambulance Fees / Medical Report Fees|
|Maximum Overall Annual Limit (Item 1 to 8)|
|ANNUAL PREMIUM: RM120.00 PER WORKER|
This Scheme does not cover any hospitalisation, surgery or charges caused directly or indirectly, wholly or partly, by any one (1) of the following occurrences:
- Pre-existing illness. However, this exclusion is waived in the event the Insured Person passes the medical examination as confirmed by Fomema Sdn. Bhd. (FOMEMA) within 30 days from the Insured Person´s arrival to Malaysia.
- Specified Illnesses occurring during the first one hundred and twenty (120) days of continuous cover.
- Plastic/Cosmetic surgery, circumcision, eye examination, glasses and refraction or surgical correction of nearsightedness (Radial Keratotomy) and the use or acquisition of external prosthetic appliances or devices such as artificial limbs, hearing aids, implanted pacemakers and prescriptions thereof.
- Dental conditions including dental treatment or oral surgery except as necessitated by Accidental Injuries to sound natural teeth occurring wholly during the Period of Insurance.
- Private nursing, rest cures or sanitaria care, illegal drugs, intoxication, sterilisation, venereal disease and its sequelae, AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome) or ARC (AIDS Related Complex) and HIV related diseases, and any communicable diseases requiring quarantine by law.
- Any treatment or surgical operation for congenital abnormalities or deformities including hereditary conditions.
- Pregnancy, child birth (including surgical delivery), miscarriage, abortion and prenatal or postnatal care and surgical, mechanical or chemical contraceptive methods of birth control or treatment pertaining to infertility. Erectile dysfunction and tests or treatment related to impotence or sterilisation.
- Hospitalisation primarily for investigatory purposes, diagnosis, X-ray examination, general physical or medical examinations, not incidental to treatment or diagnosis of a covered Disability or any treatment which is not Medically Necessary and any preventive treatments, preventive medicines or examinations carried out by a Physician, and treatments specifically for weight reduction or gain.
- Suicide, attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury while sane or insane.
- War or any act of war, declared or undeclared, criminal or terrorist activities, active duty in any armed forces, direct participation in strikes, riots and civil commotion or insurrection.
- Ionising radiation or contamination by radioactivity from any nuclear fuel or nuclear waste from process of nuclear fission or from any nuclear weapons material.
- Expenses incurred for donation of any body organ by an Insured Person and costs of acquisition of the organ including all costs incurred by the donor during organ transplant and its complications.
- Investigation and treatment of sleep and snoring disorders, hormone replacement therapy and alternative therapy such as treatment, medical service or supplies , including but not limited to chiropractic services, acupuncture, acupressure, reflexology, bone setting, herbalist treatment, massage or aroma therapy or other alternative treatment.
- Care or treatment for which payment is not required or to the extent which is payable by any other insurance or indemnity covering the Insured and Disabilities arising out of duties of employment or profession that is covered under a Workman's Compensation Insurance Contract.
- Psychotic, mental or nervous disorders, (including any neuroses and their physiological or psychosomatic manifestations).
- Costs/expenses of services of a non-medical nature, such as television, telephones, telex services, radios or simila facilities, admission kit/ pack and other ineligible non-medical items.
- Sickness or Injury arising from racing of any kind (except foot racing), hazardous sports such as but not limited to skydiving, water skiing, underwater activities requiring breathing apparatus, winter sports, professional sports and illegal activities.
- Private flying other than as a fare-paying passenger in any commercial scheduled airlines licensed to carry passengers over established routes.
- Expenses incurred for sex changes.
Q1. What does the SKHPPA cover?
A1. It covers hospitalisation & surgical charges incurred by the foreign worker in the event of hospital admission to a Non-Corporatised Malaysian Government Hospital due to an Accident or Illness.
Q2. Is the SKHPPA a compulsory scheme?
Q3. My foreign workers are insured under the Foreign Workers Compensation Scheme (FWCS), do they need to be insured under SKHPPA?
A3. Yes. The SKHPPA and the FWCS are two different schemes and both are compulsory.
Q4. Can the premium be deducted from the foreign workers salary?
A4. Yes, the employer can advance the payment for the required premium and then subsequently deduct the same from the foreign worker´s salary.
Q5. How much is the premium and when will coverage take effect?
A5. The annual premium is RM120.00 per worker per annum and coverage will take effect upon registration with premium duly paid.The premium amount is inclusive of Services tax at 6%
Q6. Is medical check-up required?
A6. Not necessary as long as the foreign workers are legally working in Malaysia and have passed the medical examination administered by Fomema Sdn. Bhd. (FOMEMA).
Q7. Any restriction to hospital admission?
A7. Yes, admission to Non-Corporatised Malaysian Government Hospital only.