If the vehicle is stolen, and the policyholder has comprehensive cover, the policyholder can make a claim by completing a Motor Loss Form at the nearest Liberty Insurance Berhad within 3 days from the loss.
The following documents have to be submitted:
- Original Police report
- Copy of policyholder's insurance policy or cover note
- Copy of Vehicle Registration Card or Vehicle Ownership Certificate (VOC) with JPJ extract "Maklumat Terperinci Kenderaan dan Insurans"
- Identity card of policyholder and driver
- Driving licence of policyholder and driver
- Hire purchase agreement, if applicable
- Business registration, if company vehicle
- Vehicle permit, for commercial vehicle
- Puspakom inspection report update copy, for commercial vehicle
- Copy of Approved permit (AP) – JK69 form, for imported vehicles only
- Copy of Custom form – K1 & K8 form, for imported vehicles only
Note: We may request for additional documents or information for Motor Theft Claims under further investigation for vehicle loss.
The branch will conduct an in-house interview using the appropriate interview forms and forward to Head Office to register the claim then Head Office will appoint an independent adjuster to investigate the theft where there are any areas of dispute. The policyholder will be notified of the appointed adjuster.
The policyholder will personally have to get a report from the Police on the results of their own investigation of the theft. [No Further Action]
A claim for theft will be approved after 3 months from the date of the claim, provided a No Further Action (NFA) report is received from the Police. The policyholder will have to personally obtain the report from the Police. If a report is not available from the Police, the theft claim will be settled within 180 days, as provided in the Guidelines by Bank Negara Malaysia.
A discharge letter will be sent to the policyholder. It has to be signed by the policyholder and the Finance Company. It has to be stamped with a RM10 stamp duty and returned to Liberty Insurance Berhad. Liberty Insurance Berhad will pay the claim within 7 days.
If there are loan repayments for the vehicle, the finance company will also have to endorse the discharge letter, and the payment will be made directly to the finance company.
Liberty Insurance Berhad has to be notified if the vehicle is recovered in order to inspect the vehicle for any damages. The appointed adjuster will have to inspect the vehicle before removal to Liberty Insurance Berhad´s Depot.
Once the repairs are completed, the car will be released to the policyholder once the policyholder signs a discharge letter.