FWCS provides coverage for accidents to foreign workers with the following benefits:
- Death - A maximum amount of RM18, 000 under the Workmen's Compensation Act plus RM7,000 as provided for under the scheme. (Total amount payable: RM25,000)
- Permanent Total Disablement - A maximum amount of RM18,000 under the Workmen's Compensation Act plus RM7,000 as provided for under the scheme. (Total amount payable: RM25,000)
- Permanent Partial Disablement - Pays a sum of money based on the capital sum of RM23,000 calculated in accordance with the First Schedule of the Act.
- Temporary Disablement - Pays a sum of money calculated in accordance with Section 8(e) of the Workmen's Compensation Act.
- Medical Expenses - Pays in accordance with the provisions of the Workmen's Compensation Act. (Max. RM750)
- Occupational Diseases - As per Second Schedule of the Act.
Expenses up to RM4,800 for repatriation of mortal remains to the deceased's country of origin in the event of Death.
Personal Accident Insurance (Off-work Hours)
Compensation up to RM23,000 for personal accidents after working hours for Death and Permanent Disablement.
Each foreign worker under the FWCS will receive an identification card (ID card) as proof of the insurance coverage.
The annual premium charged under the FWCS is RM72.00 (before Goods and Services Tax and exclude stamp duty) per foreign worker, as determined by the Ministry of Human Resources.
Enrolment under the FWCS can be done at any of our branches or through Liberty Insurance Berhad agents.
All you need is to complete a Proposal Form. Coverage is effective immediately upon receipt of the relevant documents and payment by Liberty Insurance Berhad.
Policy will be mailed to you together with the ID card within 2 weeks.
In the event of an accident to an insured worker:
- Report the accident immediately (valid within 10 days) to Liberty Insurance Berhad and also to the Labour Department.
- Submit the necessary information to the Labour Department as stipulated under the regulation.
- Complete and return to Liberty Insurance Berhad the FWSC Claims Form, which can be obtained from your policy or at any of our branches, together with the necessary claims documents as required.
- Compensation for on-the-job accident will be paid within 7 working days from the date of receipt of the Assessment prepared by the Labour Department.