What is MMIP?
MMIP is a high-risk insurance pool that runs collectively by the insurance industry under the orders from the regulators. It provides motor insurance to vehicle owners with difficulty to obtain motor insurance from normal commercial insurance market.
The pool is managed by MMIP Services Sdn Bhd (MSSB), a subsidiary of MNRB Holdings Bhd (MNRB).
A) Required Documents:
The documents required for MMIP are as follows:
- The Original Policy or Renewal Notice of the previous insurance.
- The original copy of the Vehicle Registration Card (both sides)
- A copy of the Owner´s NRIC (both sides).
- A fully completed Proposal Form.
- Additional Documents:
i) For Trade Plate:
- a) The original copy of the trade plate disc.
ii) For Commercial Vehicle:
- a) A copy of the permit (if any).
- b) A copy of the vehicle inspection report (from Puspakom).
iii) For Company Owned Vehicle:
- a) The Company´s rubber-stamps.
iv) For Private Cars or Motorcycles above 10 Years:
v) For Insured above 65 Years Old:
- a) The original copy of the insured´s medical report.
1) You can either pay by:
- i) Cash : Payment can be made at counter; or
- ii) Cheque : Payment can be made at counter (Note: Please prepare a cheque payable to Liberty Insurance Berhad, A/C No : 514299125590)
- Liberty Insurance Berhad is only a servicing insurer/agent of MMIP.
- The MMIP service is available at 25 of the Liberty Insurance Berhad branches, i.e. KL Main, Klang, Seremban, Ipoh, Taiping, Sitiawan, Teluk Intan, Penang, Butterworth, Sungai Petani, Alor Setar, Muar, Melaka, Batu Pahat, Johor Bahru, Kuantan, Kuala Terengganu, Kota Bharu, Sandakan, Tawau, Kota Kinabalu, Miri, Kuching, Wangsa Maju and Taman Tun Dr Ismail. Services are also available at 10 of the LI-Puspakom branches, i.e. Wangsa Maju, Cheras, Bukit Maluri, Padang Jawa, Alor Gajah, Johor Bahru, Gopeng, Mak Mandin, Alor Setar and Kota Kinabalu.
- The information enclosed is currently accurate as at the date of publish. You are to ascertain that all of the documents required are in order upon submitting your application.
For further inquiries, please contact our toll free 1-800-888-990